This help-desk position provides phone and remote support to clients and employees for Microsoft Business Solutions Software (Great Plains) and related applications. Providing support for Microsoft Business Solutions, you'll be involved in troubleshooting many types of problems, as well as providing training. This position requires experience in customer service and a solid understanding of Great Plains technical areas. Experience with Great Plains Software, relational databases and SQL is required. Must have excellent time management and organization skills, with attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Good people skills, a positive attitude, the ability to self-manage tasks and experience with software such as MS Word, Excel, and Access are preferred.
Specific tasks in your day might include working with a team to complete the following:
Dynamics GP and/or Management Reporter performance issues
- Batch posting process takes long time
- System freezes during a specific task
- Slow login
- Low disk space warnings
- Dynamics GP + 3rd party products install on a new work station
- Issues related to a recent GP install
- Issues related to a recent GP upgrade
- GP Email setup issues (typically related to MAPI settings)
- Complex SQL scripts to fix data
- Management Reporter new user setup (requires Active Directory User account setup)
- Integration errors
- Dictionary location errors/incorrect paths to reports/forms dictionaries
- Install and upgrade Microsoft Dynamics GP software and related solutions.
- Install and configure Microsoft SQL Server and related components.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues with the application, operating systems and databases.
- Performance issues
- Disk related issues
- Active Directory issues
- Maintenance Plans (nightly backups, etc.)
- Web client/IIS services
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues with the application, operating systems and databases
- SQL backup scheduling
- System Optimization review and recommendations
- Deploy SSRS reports
- Refreshable excel reports
- Business Portal issues
- Knowledge of older versions of Great Plains
- Compatibility issues
- Escalate issues you are unable to resolve to team members with the appropriate skills. Act as liaison between team members and clients as necessary to deliver support.
- Use standard troubleshooting techniques and multiple resources to resolve issues within products which you may not have had prior experience.
- Work with Customer Support Team to develop processes and documentation to improve efficiency.
- 4-6 years experience with GP
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:IT-Software / Software Services
Functional Area:IT Software - ERP, CRM
Role Category:Programming & Design
Employment Type:Permanent Job, Full Time
Desired Candidate Profile
Columbus Global Services India Pvt. Ltd.
industries, based on Industry Leading Microsoft Dynamics Platform. We are 2,000 people strong and are
present in 8 countries across Americas and Europe. We help our customers maximize the value realization of
ERP and lead them in the digital business transformation.
We are a very dynamic and busy organization where multitasking, flexibility and adaptability are important
personal competencies. We work in a market where collaboration across departments, across countries and
within project teams is a key skill to master.
We strive for an informal, effective and innovative work environment with skilled and pro-active colleagues
who have a lot of drive and can get the right things done fast.
In Columbus, we are proud and passionate about our people, our products and services. We are strong
believers in creating superior customer experiences, attracting, developing and retaining the best people,
securing quality in everything we do, and accelerating business innovation through digital leadership.
Contact Company:Columbus Global Services India Pvt. Ltd.