Expert level of technical managing customers MS SQL servers and services, debugging and solving MS SQL incidents - always related to Dynamics AX.
- Support and service desk experience
- Role of SQL database management related to Dynamics AX required (related to D365 much preferred)
- Excellent English - speaking, reading and writing (of cause)
- Expert/very experienced MS SQL knowledge
- Deep MS SQL design, maintenance and troubleshooting skills related to Dynamics AX (from vers 3 preferred) 2009, 2012 and D365.
- Advanced Dynamics AX 2012 (and D365 preferable) administrative / system management experience
- Experienced Windows OS knowledge, all versions, down to 2003 servers preferred
- Administrative and management tasks
- MS clustering
- Diagnostic and troubleshooting
- Advanced SharePoint knowledge
- Basic MS office knowledge, Outlook (preferred expert), Word, Visio, Excel
- Soft skills: See specs for Administrator / Supporter
Assist service desk and customers on acute SQL/AX issues on production systems. Examples: Performance, crashes, table administration, configuration, maintenance jobs, tracking bottlenecks. You will be our primary role concerning SQL/AX operation for 10-20 customers.
- SQL/AX Health check reporting, follow-up and execute suggestions
- Advise and assist service desk on maintenance and servicing SQL/AX
- Assist service desk to diagnose and analyze infrastructure issues and design related to SQL/AX
- Sizing SQL/AX configuration
- Plan and execute migrations and changes to SQL related to AX
- Updating SQL components
- Sharing knowledge with the service desk team and participate in continuous service improvements
- Deep knowledge of infrastructure and troubleshooting in general (Customers uses hosting partners, on perimeter equipment and Azure).
- Health check and reporting of SQL/AX operation
- Regularly review all Database structures so that they are operating at peak efficiency and make adjustments so that all performance levels are being met or exceeded.
- Recommend and apply software/security patches, service packs and bug fixes
- Database Configuration Maintenance
- Maintain and document basic standard utility scripts
- Maintain documentation of specific customer environments
- Develop and maintain internal procedures for service desk usage related to SQL/AX
- Performance Tuning of Database
- Index Optimizations and tuning; especially AX databases
- Setting and tuning Database system parameters
- Database/Instance Configuration Tuning
- Tune Partitions
- Execution Plans
- Maintenance Plans
- Tablespace Management
- Tuning the operating system, network, and transaction processors to work with the Database
- Analyze Database activities
- Configure Database in clustered, High Availability (HA) environment. Perform Database fail-over testing during new installations and on a periodical basis
- Instance creation and changes
- File System Measurement and Modification as appropriate
- Installing third-party Database tools as needed
- Database Storage Management
- Coordinate the provisioning of storage for Databases with Database Owners
- Coordination with storage team to identify destination file system for Database residence
- Management of storage allocation and space usage
- Database KPI Monitoring
- Design and document DB fault and space monitoring
- Coordinate monitoring of SQL and databases
- Manage and document DB back-up strategy and standards
- Database Backups
- Backup Validations
- Archive and Purge (If requirements are defined) where archive and purge is not available through the application
- Acquire necessary incremental back-up components (i.e. Redo Logs) for subsequent application to the Database back-up baseline
- Apply baseline and incremental backups to restore to latest operational point
- Identify the difference between the restored image and last known operational executions (if possible) with the goal of highlighting possible lost transactions
- Validate the restore
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:IT-Software / Software Services
Functional Area:IT Software - DBA, Datawarehousing
Role Category:Programming & Design
Desired Candidate Profile
Columbus Global Services India Pvt. Ltd.
industries, based on Industry Leading Microsoft Dynamics Platform. We are 2,000 people strong and are
present in 8 countries across Americas and Europe. We help our customers maximize the value realization of
ERP and lead them in the digital business transformation.
We are a very dynamic and busy organization where multitasking, flexibility and adaptability are important
personal competencies. We work in a market where collaboration across departments, across countries and
within project teams is a key skill to master.
We strive for an informal, effective and innovative work environment with skilled and pro-active colleagues
who have a lot of drive and can get the right things done fast.
In Columbus, we are proud and passionate about our people, our products and services. We are strong
believers in creating superior customer experiences, attracting, developing and retaining the best people,
securing quality in everything we do, and accelerating business innovation through digital leadership.
Contact Company:Columbus Global Services India Pvt. Ltd.